Frog kids bikes has been around since 2013 and they’ve already established themselves as Britain’s kids’ bike specialists.
Lighter weight, better equipped and available in more colours and sizes without costing significantly more than the competition, Frog make children’s bikes that kids love to ride.
Whether you’re looking for a Frog all-rounder hybrid bike, a Frog road bike or a Frog balance bike, we’re pretty confident we’ll have it in the size your young ‘un needs.
Just as important, because Frog offer each model in a choice of up to eight colours there’s a good chance we’ll have it in your kid’s favourite.
WHAT’S SO GREAT ABOUT FROG KIDS BIKES?
The Lightweight Kids’ Bike
Frog’s strap-line is‘The Lightweight Kids’ Bike’.
Making lighter weight bikes is fundamental to what they do.
Why lightweight is great
Compare a Frog 40 against a respected name brand kids’ mountain bike that’s the same size. The Frog is 6.5kg. The MTB is 8.6kg. That’s a difference of almost 25%.
To put that 25% difference into context, that’s the equivalent of an adult upgrading from a decent 12kg utilitarian hybrid bike costing around £400 to an elite 9kg road bike costing over a grand.
Such a drop in weight makes a tangible difference any rider can appreciate, especially on climbs. Imagine the difference it makes for a younger rider learning how to control and manoeuvre their new bike. Making it lighter weight makes a Frog a safer bike that’s more fun to ride.
Every Frog kids bike is built on a lightweight aluminium frame, as is the case with the majority of today’s better quality kids’ bikes.
The Frog difference is that their bikes’ key components - the wheel rims, hubs, cranks, handlebar, stem, seatpost, V-brakes and brake levers – are lightweight aluminium alloy too. Check the spec of their competitors’ bikes and you’ll find many of these parts are heavier steel.
Most importantly, Frog resists the fashion to equip their bikes with suspension forks – often the heaviest single component on their competitors’ bikes. Instead, they make major savings in both the weight and the feel of their bikes by fitting rigid alloy forks - with the added bonus that rigid forks never require maintenance.
Noting that kids ride mostly on cycle paths, quiet roads and pavements, Frog fit their bikes with a moderately knobbly hybrid tyre that is as capable on road as on gravel paths
Equipping their bikes with hybrid tyres makes Frog bikes a very versatile bike that can handle a variety of terrains.
Frog bikes are sized by minimum standover height (based on the rider’s inside leg measurement from crotch to floor). For instance, a Frog 53’s standover height is 53cm. This system makes it easy to judge which size will best fit your youngster.
FROGS KEEP THEIR VALUE
Given their quality, their good name and their alloy-rich rust resistant spec, Frog bikes tend to be very sellable or ‘hand-downable’ once they are outgrown.
FOUR FROG FAMILIES
We stock four types of Frog bikes: balance bikes, first pedal bikes, hybrid/street bikes and mountain bikes.
FROG TADPOLE BALANCE BIKES
As ever with Frog, the Tadpole and the slightly larger Tadpole Plus stand out for their lighter weight aluminium-rich specifications. Its steering inhibiter helps prevent the common rookie error of oversteering. It even comes fitted with a quality Tektro rear V-brake. Not bad when you consider that most balance bikes have no brakes.
FROG FIRST PEDAL BIKES
A Frog First Pedal Bike is a scaled down, single speed version of a Frog hybrid / all rounder.
Available in 40cm (age range 3-4) and 44cm sizes (4-5 years) and 47cm sizes, these bikes still offer trademark Frog quality touches such as the alloy-rich lightweight spec, the steerer limiter, the hybrid tyres and the full range of colour options.
The result: a first bike that’s easier to ride and sure to delight.
FROG HYBRID / ALL-ROUNDER BIKES
As well as boasting all the Frog features described above, from light weight to low Q-factor, there are a number of compelling reasons why Frog hybrid / all-rounder bikes have been our most popular children’s bikes, ever.
BETTER SIZE CHOICE
Frog hybrid / all-rounder bikes come in a wider range of five sizes to help ensure a better fit.
- 20" wheel Frog 53, recommended for 5-7 year olds
- They also offer a 24” wheel hybrid bikes for 8-10 year olds: the Frog 62
- The next wheel size is 26" of which three frame sizes are available: Frog 69 (10-12 year olds), Frog 73 (12-14 year olds) and the Frog 78 (13+)
- Supplied with a long seatpost with a quick release lever for easy adjustments, Frog bikes ‘grow’ with the rider.
CHOOSE A FAVOURITE COLOUR
Frog hybrid bikes are available in a choice of up to eight colours depending on the model, including red, purple, orange, green, pink and black.
FROG MOUNTAIN BIKES
Perfect for riding off-road. Frog mountain bikes are made with junior specific components including a tailored suspension fork which provide a smoother and more comfortable ride for any junior rider.
WHY BUY A FROG FROM THE BIKE CO-OP?
- We currently stock the full Frog kids bike range in all their bright gorgeous colours.
- We have fully assembled Frogs in store so you can usually try for size and place an order that will usually be available in under 10 days.
- One-stop shopping – we have the kit to go along with the bike, such as a great range of helmets – toddler to teen sized – and can help the young one get properly fitted.
- A kids’ bike should be small enough to ride safely and manoeuvre: big enough to offer years of growth. Our sales people are trained to help steer you towards choosing the bike that fits best.
- Try before you buy – test rides encouraged.
- Every children’s bike we sell is professionally assembled and checked over in our in store workshop – same as our adult bikes.
- We are a flatpack-free zone.
- We offer a free 6-week service on every new bike.
- We know these bikes intimately having been an approved Frog dealer since their launch in Autumn 2013.